CLICK HERE to launch the NGF DASHBOARD
SIGN-UP for the NGF DASHBOARD
The Dashboard
Get More! BECOME
AN NGF MEMBER NOW
Forward the NGF DASHBOARD to a Friend
IN THIS ISSUE
American Golf Cencus
NGF TOP 5
This Month:
Top 5 reasons golfers select one course to play versus another
GolfCensus

GolfBizWiki.com
Plan for the Future
by Tom Marzolf, Senior Design Associate, Fazio Golf Course Designers, Inc.

Learn from Senior Design Associate, Tom Marzolf, Fazio Golf Course Designers, Inc. stresses the importance of "Life Cycle" planning for maintenance and renovations to your course.

More

Future of Prviate Clubs
by Henry DeLozier, Global Golf Advisors

Global Golf Advisor's Henry DeLozier - stresses buying habits and why women play a pivotal roll in a club's success.

More

EXCLUSIVE MEMBER SAVINGS WITH:

Exclusive Member Savings
LEARN MORE


The Dashboard
Hello Valued Reader!
Special Reports
Golfer Confidence Index Improving - Rounds Indicator for 2012 Encouraging

Golfer Confidence Index ImprovingA continued upward overall trend in NGF’s Golfer Confidence Index is encouraging for 2012. The measure, which most recently stands at 86 for the end of 2011, was impacted by a return of negative golf consumer behavior in Q2 of 2011.

More

Want More Good News?
Read the Mayor's Top Five Reasons to Be Optimistic

GolfIt’s true… some of golf’s vital signs haven’t looked so healthy lately. But look closer, beyond the attrition in golfers and rounds we’ve seen in recent years, clear your mind of the industry’s supply and demand imbalance, go past the economic challenges that have been stacking the deck against discretionary spending… and there are several points of positivity worth focusing on. Even from the mayor’s office, I sense skepticism in you… but please read on:

More



ROUNDS PLAYED REPORT
Sponsored by: GolfNow

December 2011

December 2011 Rounds Played Report



In Case You Missed It: Golf Instruction & The Core Golfer

Golf Instruction & The Core GolferCore golfers seek golf instruction at a rate of 26% (meaning 26 of 100 Core golfers take some type of golf instruction in a given year). This equates to roughly 3.8 million Core golfers seeking instruction each year. The lion’s share of this instruction is done in a private lesson with a golf instructor (82% of the time). The other 18% of the time the instruction is in a group setting either in a clinic (7%) or a group lesson (8%). Approximately 4% of Core golfers indicate having attended a golf school of 2 or more days.

MORE


In Case You Missed it: Are Golfers "Smarter" than Non-Golfers?

Are Golfers “Core Golfers are “smarter” than the average mobile phone owner” – they are much more likely to use smartphones. Nielsen recently reported that 40% of adult US mobile phone owners have a smartphone and expects smartphones to become a majority soon.

MORE



February 2012  
FEATURED VIDEO
Bubba Watson Winning Auction for Original “Dukes of Hazzard” Car

Bubba Watson Winning Auction for Original “Dukes of Hazzard” Car 
WATCH VIDEO



GOLF LEGAL FILE
Avoiding the Litigation Time Bomb
by Robert Harris - Attorney, Mediator and Arbitrator - Levett Rockwood, PC

Read Article


QUICK POLL
Which of the following do you predict will be the biggest golf story of 2012?
PGA of America’s Golf 2.0 player development effort
Ideas on how to make golf easier and more fun (Tee it Forward, oversize holes, non-conforming equipment, etc.)
Brazil Olympics golf course design decision
A rise in U.S. golf course closures
Golf development in China
  [See Results]
Last Month's Poll Results:
INDUSTRY NEWS

UPCOMING EVENTS

NGF Symposium Returns to Chicago on April 26



GolfPay
Become a Fan on Facebook Follow NGF on Twitter Join Us on LinkedIn ePublished By VCT
NGF HOME   |   PARTICIPATION   |   SPECIAL RESEARCH   |   ABOUT NGF   |   NGF CONSULTING   |   JOIN NGF
Contact Us:  1150 South US Highway One, Ste. 401, Jupiter, FL 33477  Phone 561.744.6006  Fax 561.744.6107
 
Created by VCT - Member Experience. Activated.